Expicare Nursing Agency
Excellence in Care Scholarship, 2020
The founding nurses of Expicare Nursing Agency did so with the goal of improving the lives of the elderly in their community through quality, affordable nursing care. Our extensive nursing experience and high standards of customer service have helped us to create and develop a team of dedicated nurse caregivers and one of the highest-rated companies in quality home, hospital, and hospice care.
We feel lucky to do the kind of work we do and appreciate the many different ways other healthcare and other kinds of caregiving professionals help people in their communities. We believe that the more people who are committed to taking care of those who need it, makes for better communities.
For this, we have created the Expicare Nursing Agency, Excellence in Care Scholarship, 2020, for a student who is committed to helping to meet the caregiving needs of those who need them. We want to support the education of a student who is committed to providing excellent care to others to help them achieve these goals.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- The scholarship applicant must show their dedication to providing excellent health or other kinds of care to those who need it through their past achievements and goals, and current and future goals, as explained in their essay.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
Essay Prompt & Questions
Respond to the following prompt and questions in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- Describe a situation or incident that was a pivot point for you to realize you want to provide care to those who need it as part of your profession and/or lifework.
- How has your commitment to providing people with the kind of care you are planning to practice in the future, informed your education goals?
- What kind of career do you want to have or work do you want to do in order to help provide people in need of health or other kinds of care?
- Updated resume
- Essay, 1,000-word maximum. See essay questions above.
- Current unofficial transcript
Submission Deadline: Thursday, December 31, 2020
All application materials must be submitted by this date to the email address in the application instructions below.
Award Announcement: Monday, February 15, 2021
Scholarship Amount: $500
Scholarship applicants must submit all application materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org