Elderly Assistance Services Delray Beach, FL
The comfort and wellbeing of your loved one is of the utmost importance to you. That’s why you’re considering hiring Delray Beach, FL elderly assistance services to treat your loved one, especially if they are working with an in home elder care nurse.
However, elderly assistance services may be new to you, as you’re not sure exactly what it is that these nurses and therapists do, or how your loved one will benefit.
Keep reading to figure out why you should consider elderly assistance services from Expicare Nursing Agency in Delray Beach, Florida as an addition to in-home care services.
What Do They Do?
One major task of many elderly assistance services is occupational therapy, which refers to a form of treatment that can help your loved one with their daily tasks. Occupational therapists are trained and qualified to treat a broad spectrum of disorders, such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other cognitive disorders as well as developmental problems, behavioral and emotional issues, and even loss of motor control. However, they are also capable of assisting the elderly after they’ve taken a hard fall or suffered from a stroke. They help your loved one obtain their independence once again through specialized and treatments focused on helping the individual. This includes assisting with daily activities such as bathing, standing, walking, cleaning, and more.
Elderly assistance services from Delray Beach, FL aren’t just helping hands, they also provide numerous, lasting benefits to your loved one.
How Your Loved One Can Benefit
1. Handling Daily Tasks: Your senior might have trouble with even the most menial of daily activities, such as brushing their teeth. An occupational therapist will be able to assist them with these tasks and make life much easier.
2. Avoiding Falls: Slip and falls are an all too common problem that many of the elderly face. Due to how frequently a fall can occur and how dangerous it can be for your senior, it’s important to find any way to avoid them. An occupational therapist can aid in identifying methods of keeping your loved one on their feet.
3. Staying Active: Being active is one of the most powerful ways your senior can stay healthy and avoid any compound ailments. Occupational therapy is designed to help them find ways to be active within the parameters of their lifestyle.
4. Slowing Memory Loss: An occupational therapist, as stated previously, is trained to care for patients with cognitive disorders and memory loss problems. Moreover, they can help slow down the rate at which your loved one is losing their memory and adjust daily life to better suit the individual.
5. Creating a Safe Environment: Delray Beach, FL elderly assistance services are able to evaluate the safety of an home environment, identify any potential safety hazards, and help correct them. They will take into account your loved one’s individual risks and make sure that their environment is suited to their safety needs.
Not only will elderly assistance services help your loved one improve their quality of life, but they can also help them be happier. The emotional support that your senior will receive is often the most notable, and most powerful.
Elderly assistance services for your senior in Delray Beach, FL can help them regain their independence and continue living with satisfaction, while giving you peace of mind in the process. Contact Expicare Nursing Agency today to schedule an appointment to learn more.