Home Health Aide Delray Beach, FL
When families are faced with providing specialized care for their loved one, they may not realize the services that a home health care aide can provide. At Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc., we offer the care a person needs that might otherwise force them to enter a nursing home facility. While some nursing homes are safe and offer residents good care, they are expensive and may not be located within a reasonable distance from family members. These concerns are why many Delray Beach, FL families choose to hire a home health care aide from Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc.
At this point in your loved one’s life, it may be necessary to consider hiring a home health aide in Delray Beach, FL for their comfort and safety. Expicare Nursing Agency offers a staff of specially trained and experienced aides who can care for your family member in their own home. A home health aide plays a critical role in an elder’s life after they reach a milestone that makes it impossible for them to fully care for themselves. A home health aide may also be referred to as a personal attendant or a home attendant. We welcome questions about the care provided by our staff.
The Role of a Home Health Aide in Delray Beach, FL
A home health aide works with families who have an elderly or disabled loved one who wishes to remain in the home but can no longer safely take care of themselves on their own. Circumstances will vary, but a home health aide from Expicare Nursing Agency will follow any doctor’s directives, family instructions and preferences, and address the needs of the loved one. Depending on their needs, tasks that the home health aide in Delray Beach, FL may perform could include any or all of the following:
- Assisting the patient with bathing, using the toilet, brushing their teeth, washing their hands, etc.
- Monitor blood pressure, breathing rate, pulse, and other critical functions.
- Monitor medication usage.
- Assisting the patient with mobility around the home.
- Transportation to and from doctor’s appointments.
- Transportation to and from supermarket and other errand locations. Shopping for the food is also a service we provide.
- Healthy meal planning, preparation, and serving.
- Basic housekeeping and straightening of the home to ensure safety of the patient.
- Change linens and make the bed, doing the laundry.
- Emotional support for the patient.
- Monitoring of the patient’s physical and mental condition, and providing updates to the family.
- At-home physical therapy and physical exercise activities.
When You Hire a Home Health Aide in Delray Beach, FL
A home health aide from Expicare Nursing Agency in Delray Beach, FL will be highly trained to properly care for their patients. They are required to be physically strong and fit in order to lift or hold patients when necessary. They are able to bend, lift, twist, and be on their feet for long periods of time. They are also emotionally strong in order to help patients who are experiencing difficulties or challenges. You can feel confident that a home health aide from our agency is responsible, cheerful, trustworthy, and compassionate. You can count on us to care for your loved one in a loving but professional manner.
The Services Provided by a Home Health Care Aide
At Expicare Nursing Agency Inc. our patients represent a wide range of backgrounds, various medical and healthcare concerns, socio-economic status, and other factors which make each person’s needs unique. As a result, we cater to each patient individually, and their home health care aide from our Delray Beach, FL agency focuses their efforts to reflect this. Prior to providing care, our home health care aide will have a full accounting of a patient’s needs and develop a comprehensive approach to meeting those needs. Depending on your loved one’s circumstances, they may benefit from these services from our Delray Beach, Florida home health care aide:
- Monitoring and dispensing of medications. It’s important that a patient takes the correct medication, the prescribed dosage, and at the times their physician dictates. Forgetting to take medication, or taking too much is a common problem for patients, especially those with memory challenges. A Delray Beach, FL home health care aide can make sure the patient takes their medication, the right dosage, and when they are supposed to take it. If it must be taken in conjunction with meals, this will also be taken into account.
- Assistance with personal health and hygiene tasks. Mobility issues, emotional and personality challenges, and other concerns can make it difficult for a patient to maintain healthy habits. This might include bathing, brushing one’s teeth, toilet use and hygiene, and dressing. Depending on your loved one’s challenges, our home health care aide will offer compassionate and patient support as needed. As well, if your loved one’s needs change over time, they will be well taken care of.
- Companionship. It can be emotionally and mentally challenging to be alone for extended periods of time, particularly if someone is experiencing confusion and advanced age health changes. When a Delray Beach, FL home health care aide is present, the patient can enjoy professional but personable companionship. In addition, because the home health care aide is knowledgeable about the patient’s health challenges, they can offer understanding and positive discussion.
- Oversight and intervention of potential dangers. It’s a common problem that people in advance age with failing cognitive or behavioral abilities lose focus on their immediate surroundings. For example, they forget to turn the burners off on their stove which may cause a fire, or they leave water running in a bathtub which can lead to flooding. When a home health care aide from our Delray Beach, FL location is present, they can make sure these incidents and others like them do not occur.
The quality of care provided by a Delray Beach, FL home health care aide from Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc. cannot be overestimated—contact us to find out how we can be of benefit to your loved one.
Individuals Who Can Benefit from the Services of a Home Health Aide in Delray Beach, FL
Many individuals take advantage of the services offered by a home health aide whether it’s temporary or on a long term or permanent basis. Talk to us about your family’s needs. Expicare Nursing Agency can provide you with a home health aide in Delray Beach, FL under nearly any circumstances, particularly for the following short or long term needs of a patient:
- Post-surgery recovery.
- Debilitating illness or disease.
- Hospice or palliative support.
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s.
Contact us at Expicare Nursing Agency to learn more about how a home health aide from our agency in Delray Beach, FL can be of benefit to your loved one.
Common Myths About Home Health Care
A home health aide in Delray Beach, FL can help your elderly family member with everyday tasks, like cooking, cleaning and taking medication. However, you may have heard some myths about home care that make you reluctant to hire help. Here are a few common misconceptions you shouldn’t believe.
- Home Care Is Only Designed for Completely Dependent Seniors: A common myth about home care is that only bed-ridden and frail seniors need it. The truth is, however, that many home care clients are independent and only need assistance with certain tasks. For example, some seniors are no longer able to drive anymore and need transportation to doctor’s appointments, the grocery store and other places.
- Home Care Is Too Expensive: One reason why some people shy away from home care is that they assume they can’t afford it. However, home care is more affordable than you may think. In fact, it’s much less costly than nursing home care. Additionally, many programs, including Medicare and long-term care insurance, are making home care affordable for many families.
- Family Members Should Take Care of Their Elderly: Some people are reluctant to hire home care because they believe they should take care of their elderly family members. However, being a full-time caregiver can be both physically and mentally exhausting, especially if you already have a full-time job. Hiring a home care worker doesn’t mean that you don’t love your family member. Enlisting the help of a professional can give you a break and prevent you from getting overwhelmed.
- You Don’t Have a Say Over Who the Home Health Aide Is: Not everyone finds their ideal home health aide in Delray Beach, FL immediately. If you discover that your family member isn’t getting along with his or her caregiver, you can always find a replacement.
- Home Care Workers Abuse Their Clients: While abuse from home care workers can occur, it’s very rare. Most home health aides truly care about their clients and wouldn’t dream about harming them. Additionally, reputable home care agencies perform extensive background checks on their workers to ensure they are trustworthy.
- Home Care Can’t Be Long-Term: While home care is only temporary for some clients, it can be long-term for others. If your elderly family member suffers from a chronic health condition, he or she may benefit from long-term care services. This way, your loved one can stay at home instead of going to a nursing home.