In Home Health Care Delray Beach, FL
Home Health Care Delray Beach, FL
When considering in-home health care for their loved one in Delray Beach, FL, families often have many questions about Medicare coverage. In Florida, the services you receive from an in-home health agency may fall under the Medicare demonstration program. If this is the case, either you or the agency may submit a pre-claim review request from Medicare in advance of seeking in-home health care services in Delray Beach, FL. This can be helpful to understand to what degree Medicare will provide coverage for those services. We encourage you to call us at Expicare Nursing Agency with your questions about this process. Below is some general information about Medicare and coverage for in-home health care in Delray Beach, FL. However, it is essential to clarify and confirm with Medicare about your family’s financial obligations for these services. You can also learn from them if you meet their requirements for in-home health care coverage.
In-Home Health Care Services in Delray Beach, FL Commonly Covered by Medicare
Medicare hospital insurance falls under Part A, and medical insurance falls under Part B. Between these two parts of Medicare, the following in-home health care services in Delray Beach, FL are often covered:
- Occupational therapy.
- Physical therapy.
- Speech-language pathology services.
- Intermittent or part-time in-home health care provided by an aide.
- Intermittent or part-time in-home skilled nursing care.
- Medical social services.
Contact us at Expicare Nursing Agency to learn how we coordinate doctor-ordered services for your loved one when we provide in-home health care services in Delray Beach, FL.
What Medicare Does Not Usually Cover
Though there may be exceptions, Medicare usually does not cover the following services:
- Meal deliveries to the home.
- 24-hour-a-day in-home health care.
- If the only care your loved one needs is help with dressing, bathing, or using the bathroom, these services are considered personal care or custodial care and may not be covered.
Eligibility for Part A and/or Part B Medicare Coverage
To meet eligibility requirements for Medicare coverage under Part A and/or Part B, you must meet all of the following:
- Your loved one must be under the care of a doctor and receiving services under a care plan that a doctor is regularly reviewing.
- A doctor must certify that your loved one requires one or more of the following:
A.Speech-language pathology, physical therapy, or another type of continuous occupational therapy service. These services must be safe, specific, and useful for your loved one’s condition. The duration of these services must be reasonable and offered by qualified therapists for effectiveness and safety reasons. The services must be offered by a Medicare-approved or certified in-home health care agency in Delray Beach, FL.
- The condition must be expected to improve within a reasonable and predictable timeframe, or;
- Your loved one requires a skilled therapist to effectively and safely address their condition, or;
- Your loved one requires a skilled therapist as part of a maintenance program for their condition.
Your loved one must be doctor-certified homebound if your loved one needs more than intermittent or part-time skilled nursing care.
Contact us at Expicare Nursing Agency to learn more about the in-home health care services we offer to Delray Beach, FL families and which may be eligible for Medicare coverage.
Tips for Finding the Right Home Health Care Aide
If your elderly parent needs extra help at home, you may have considered home health care Delray Beach, FL residents trust. However, with so many home health care workers out there, how do you choose the right one? Here are some helpful tips to consider.
- Determine Your Parent’s Needs: Not everyone has the same needs for home care services. Some people just need assistance with housework and meal preparation, while others require around the clock care. It’s essential to assess your parent’s needs before hiring a home care professional. For example, if your parent recently suffered a stroke, he or she may require a skilled nurse to come to his or her home.
- Ask About a Background Check: A home care worker will be coming into your parent’s house every day, so you want to select someone trustworthy. That’s why you should make sure the home health agency conducts thorough background checks on all their workers.
- Ask About the Home Care Workers Experience: When hiring home health care in Delray Beach, FL, for your parent, it’s essential to consider a home care provider’s individual experience. During the interviews, ask candidates how many years of experience they have in the industry and what type of patients they’ve typically cared for. For instance, if your parent is in the early stages of dementia, you may want to hire a home care worker who has experience caring for dementia patients.
- Request References: Before hiring a home care worker, ask for at least three different references. A reputable home health care professional should be more than willing to provide you with several references. When you contact these references, ask them about their experience with the home health care worker and if they would hire that person again or not. If the references you contact provide positive reviews, there’s a good chance the home care worker is a good fit.
- Let Your Parent Have a Say: Your parent will be the one who is around the healthcare worker the most often, so he or she should have a say in the hiring decision. That’s why you should have your parent sit in during the interview. Let your parent ask the home care worker questions and see if he or she feels comfortable around the person or not. Your parent should feel comfortable communicating with the home care worker.
Look at Your Finances: Your finances can greatly impact your home health care in Delray Beach, FL options. Assess your budget and determine the kind of home health care you can realistically afford. There are also government programs that offer financial assistance for the care of older adults.
Choosing In-Home Health Care
In-Home health care Delray Beach, FL families, rely on for help with their aging loved ones can be the right step to ensuring they receive the care they need. At Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc., we know that when choosing care, you have many options. While there are many types of care, in-home health care allows you to create a unique and customizable plan based on your loved one’s specific needs. Choosing in-home care for your loved one is undoubtedly a big decision. However, by choosing our services, your loved one can experience the benefits that in-home care has to offer.
Options for an Aging Loved One
For family and someone aging, the process of finding care can undoubtedly feel overwhelming. There are several options to choose from, and each will depend on several factors such as your finances, insurance, health care needs, and more. While in some cases, the need for care may be gradual over time; it may be more sudden in other situations. The following are options that families and aging people may choose from who require help:
- In-Home Healthcare
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Palliative Care
- Hospice Care
It’s essential to be aware that these options and the one you choose may depend on your loved one and their specific needs. However, choosing in-home health care from Delray Beach, Florida providers is more attainable than many may believe and offers many benefits for aging adults and their families.
Create a Customized Plan
One significant benefit to services in the home is developing a customized plan of care for your loved one. Additionally, they will receive 1:1 attention and care from trained professionals, ensuring that they are well cared for while aging in place. Some people may require around the clock staffing, while others may only need a professional to come into the home a few days per week. The options are endless. Depending on the need, your family member may require a combination of the following types of professionals:
- Home Health Aides
- Living In Nursing Assistants
- Registered Nurses
- Case Managers
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
We know that your loved one deserves the very best care and, with our services, the options can be tailored to meet their specific needs. Whether they need companionship, light housework, hygiene support, feeding support, or medication management, our team of highly experienced professionals is prepared to assist with addressing these needs.
Reasons to Choose In-Home Health Care
Choosing in-home health care offers many benefits to families and their loved ones. Our staff can help to simplify the process by helping you to explore the available options. Here are some reasons that in-home health care may be to your benefit:
- It can be a more affordable option
- Allows patients to age in their home and surrounded by their personal items
- Can prevent illness, injuries, and hospital stays
- Older adults can maintain their independence
- 1:1 care
- Family and friends can remain more connected as they won’t have to adhere to strict visiting hours in place at hospitals or nursing home facilities
For over 35 years, Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc. has set a standard in healthcare by providing area residents with the support and care they deserve. To learn more about the services we provide for in-home healthcare in Delray Beach, FL, give us a call today.