Home Care Nurse Delray Beach, FL
When you have an elderly loved one to care for, you need the help of a Delray Beach, FL home care nurse. As parents age, their families often worry about how they will continue to get along in their daily lives, especially as medical problems become more prevalent. Many elderly people are more vulnerable to injuries and accidents, leaving families to consider whether or not it is time to consider other living options.
In a perfect world, families would have the room, and the ability to have their elderly loved one come live with them, avoiding nursing homes altogether. However, the home care nurses in Delray Beach, FL know that this is not a realistic option for many families. The thought of placing their loved one in a nursing home – especially given all the horrific stories about nursing home abuse and neglect – is not an option either. This is why more and more families are turning to a home care nurse Delray Beach, Florida residents can rely on from Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc.
The benefits of a Delray Beach, FL home care nurse are vast. Some of the more common include:
- Having an in-home nurse ensures that your elderly loved one will have one-on-one attention with the caregiver, as opposed to nursing homes where patients far outnumber the nursing staff. This often results in putting elderly patients’ needs on hold until someone can get to them. Your elderly loved one will feel more comfortable – and happier – staying in their home under the care of a Delray Beach, FL home care nurse rather than making the transition to a nursing home. Being in familiar surroundings, where they have many happy memories, is much healthier than moving them to a clinical nursing home setting. No matter how much the nursing home may try to decorate, it is still an institutionalized setting, not a home.
- Statistics show that elderly people who remain in their own home live longer than those who are placed in nursing homes. They remain both mentally and physically healthier and alert when living in their own homes.
- Statistics show that elderly patients heal quicker when they have in-home nursing staff taking care of them at home compared to recuperating at a hospital or nursing home. Your home care nurse in Delray Beach, FL can help with the healing process.
- In-home nursing staff can personalize the attention and services they provide to each individual patient compared to a nursing home that treats all patients in pretty much the same way. This is especially important when a senior is suffering from a condition such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Home care nurses offered in Delray Beach, FL offer seniors with flexibility. Seniors are not forced to give up their independence of living in their home. They decide when they get up in the morning, when they go to bed at night, what they will have for meals, etc. In a nursing home, all those decisions are made for them.
- Seniors who live at home are also able to socialize when they want, allowing loved ones to visit without restrictions. Nursing homes set visiting hours so you may only be able to visit your loved one during certain times of the day. With care provided by a Delray Beach, FL home care nurse, families are not required to adhere to strict visiting policies.
- Despite what many people think, home care nurses in Delray Beach, FL can actually be much more inexpensive than nursing home living. Your loved one may not need 24-hour nursing care, which is what they pay for at a nursing home. Generally, costs for home care nurses are determined by the individual plan that is developed for your loved one.
What Can an In-Home Nurse Do for You or a Loved One?
Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc., home care nurses Delray Beach, FL residents trust can provide seniors with a vast array of services that include:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Home Health Aides
- Senior Care
- Post Surgery Care
- Hospice Care
Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc.’s services provides aging Florida residents in-home care services that may provide them with the ability to remain in their homes. To determine the types of assistance your loved one may require, it’s important to carefully consider the needs of your loved one with home care nurses serving the Delray Beach, FL area. Do they need a home health aide, home care nurse, both? Here’s a simple breakdown of the types of available home care personnel and the services they provide:
Home Care Nurse
Home care nurses are typically licensed practical nurses (LPNs) or registered nurses (RNs) that provide skilled medical care in the patient’s home. They can:
- Administer medications and injections
- Monitor vital signs
- Provide wound care or tend post-surgical dressings
- Perform medical therapies
- Maintain tracheotomy and colostomy functions
An Expicare home care nurse in Delray Beach, FL is an appropriate choice if you or your loved one requires intermittent skilled healthcare services.
Home Health Aides
Home health aides can provide non-medical personal services such as meal preparation, light housekeeping, bathing, toileting, and transporting seniors to appointments. They do not administer medications, but can be of help in organizing medications or reminding clients to take them.
Live ins are home health aides that can be scheduled to provide around the clock, non medical services to seniors. Generally, live ins can help with non medical home care, offering the same services provided by home health aides.
The main difference in the caregivers listed above is whether assistance is primarily medical care or personal care. A home care nurse in Delray Beach, FL may be the most qualified option if you or your loved one needs short-term or long-term in home medical care. Care for you or your loved one may require the need for providers who can offer both medical and non medical services in order to remain in your home. In situations such as this, Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc. may recommend a combination of several services to achieve this goal. Contact a member of our Delray Beach, FL home care nursing team today so that we may discuss with you our service options.
Home Care Nurses Provide Health Monitoring and Treatment
Home care nurses from Delray Beach, FL regularly assess the health of their aging adult patients. They will monitor vitals and evaluate how they react to medications, noting any side effects. Nurses look for any changes to the patient’s overall health condition. A home care nurse will also regularly report to physicians and family members about the patient’s health.
Delray Beach, FL Home Care Nurses Provide Companionship
A home care nurse will take the time to build a relationship with you or your loved one so that you are able to turn to them to discuss and share any physical or emotional concerns you may have. A nurse can manage you or your loved one’s well-being while maintaining independence in the home. Familiar home surroundings provide comfort for many elderly people, qualified Delray Beach, FL home care nurses from Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc. has the ability to provide you with the best of both worlds.
For many seniors, staying in the home is most often the preferred place to be, but ensuring that they are receiving the necessary medical care to support healthy living is the most important factor in order for this to occur. To find out more about home care nurses, Delray Beach, FL seniors trust, and whether Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc. is right for you or your loved one, give us a call today to speak with a caring member of our team.
Get Help From a Delray Beach, FL Home Care Nurse Now!
If you would like to maximize the care given to your elderly loved one, call Expicare Nursing Agency, Inc. to speak with a Delray Beach, FL home care nurse today!