Home Health Care Services Boynton Beach, FL
If you have an elderly parent, there may come a time when you have to discuss home health care services Boynton Beach, FL residents trust. It’s not an easy conversation to have, but it may be necessary. With home care, your parent can still reside in his or her home and maintain independence.
Signs Your Parent May Require Home Care
While some elderly individuals may not require assistance at home for a while, others may need it sooner. It’s important to know when your parent needs home care services. Here are some signs to look for:
- Poor Personal Hygiene: If your elderly parent is afraid of slipping and falling in the bathtub, he or she may avoid taking showers or baths. If you’ve noticed that your parent has developed body odor or has greasy hair, he or she may need assistance with personal hygiene. A home care worker can come to your parent’s home and help him or her bathe safely.
- Weight Loss: If your parent appears much thinner than normal lately, it’s a cause for concern. Sudden weight loss can be caused by a myriad of issues, like dementia or a stroke. It’s also possible that your parent has reduced mobility and has trouble preparing food. It’s a good idea to enlist the help of home health care services in Boynton Beach, FL.
- Messy Home: If your parent has always kept a tidy home and you’ve noticed that it’s very messy lately, it may be time to intervene. It’s possible that your parent has memory issues or isn’t physically able to do housework anymore. In any case, a home care worker can come to your parent’s house and complete light housework.
- Recent Fall: Many elderly people are in danger of falling because of balance and strength problems. If your parent recently suffered a fall, it’s a sign that he or she may need help around the house. By hiring home health care Boynton Beach, FL residents count on, you can have a peace of mind knowing your parent will be safe.
- Forgetting Medication: It’s common for senior citizens to take multiple medications every day. If you’ve noticed that your parent is skipping medication or taking it at the wrong time, it’s time to consider home care services. Medication mistakes can result in serious health complications.
- Chronic Illness Diagnosis: Has your parent recently been diagnosed with a serious illness, like diabetes or heart disease? If so, he or she may need extra help at home to manage symptoms and stay out of the hospital. A home care worker can make sure your parent takes his or her medications and monitor his or her symptoms.
If your parent needs assistance at home, you should contact home health care services in Boynton Beach, FL.