In-home health care Boca Raton FL
Boca Raton, FL in home health care providers know that many aging adults choose to remain in the comfort of their homes. This can be a challenge when the elderly or disabled have medical needs that need professional nursing care. Fortunately, with Expicare Nursing Agency provides the Boca Raton FL area with in-home health care; that can take the reins and oversee a patient’s health maintenance or recovery in their familiar home surroundings. Boca Raton Fl in home health care is provided by Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), or Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs).
Services In-Home Nurses Offer
Nurses who tend to patients in their homes can deliver many of the duties nurses would normally perform in a hospital or clinical setting. Boca Raton FL in home health care may provide:
- Disease treatment and education
- Assessments and vital sign monitoring, including blood pressure, blood glucose, and postoperative recovery
- Wound care and dressing changes
- Ostomy or colostomy management and education
- IV therapies
- Medication reconciliation and physician or pharmacists reporting
- Medication administration
- Pain management
- Heparin flushes
- Foot care
- Skin care
- Management of urinary catheters
- Management of other kinds of medical tubes, drains, and bags
- Memory care
- Rehabilitative therapies and care
Aging in Place
Multiple broad studies have shown that seniors prefer to remain in their own home with Boca Raton FL in home health care rather than move to a long-term nursing or assisted living care facility or hospital. In-home care doesn’t disrupt the lives that aging adults have built for themselves. Through helpful steps, such as home modifications and mobility aids, safety, and other issues related to aging in place can be addressed.
Of course, when it comes to in-home health care in Boca Raton, Florida, the cost is an important consideration. Sacrificing quality care to save a few dollars is a recipe for failure. For many seniors, retaining a good quality of life is more significant than cost. Seniors and their families typically want to maintain their relationships and homes while still getting the attention and help they need. Fortunately, options exist which can suit every aging adult’s unique limitations and needs and limitations. Boca Raton FL in home health care is generally a reliable, convenient, and affordable option. Additionally, when the elderly are being taken care of as soon as a need comes up, they tend to have better short and long-term health outcomes in the long run.
Providing Relief for Family Caregivers
While it can be a loving and rewarding experience, studies show that caregiving imposes a heavy emotional, physical, and financial toll on caregivers. Caregivers who have a full-time career and provide elder care for a family member experience conflicts between these responsibilities. Many caregivers are more vulnerable to a decline in their own health as a result of that added responsibility, and they often tend to describe their health as fair to poor. In home health care in Boca Raton FL can be a welcome support when families have been the primary provider of caregiving for aging adults.
When loved ones begin to age, they may require additional assistance. For many, obtaining assistance in the comfort of their own homes can help loved ones to stay in place. For more information about in-home health care available in Boca Raton, FL, contact Expicare Nursing Agency today.
Qualities to Look for in a Home Health Care Worker
If you’re considering in-home health care in Boca Raton, FL for your loved one, you may not know where to start. There are many home health care professionals out there, so choosing the right one can be tricky. Here are a few qualities you should look for:
- Empathetic: Aging can be a difficult process for many people. Elderly people may have trouble coming to terms with their loss of independence, mobility or cognitive function. That’s why it’s essential to find a home health care worker who is empathetic. He or she should be able to understand what your loved one is going through and offer words of encouragement.
- Communicative: It’s also important for a home health care professional to have excellent communication skills. A home care worker will spend a good portion of the day with your family member, so he or she must be able to listen carefully and respond to your loved one. If the home care worker notices something that isn’t right with your loved one, he or she should inform you in a clear and accurate manner.
- Patient: Elderly people tend to have slower bodies and minds than their younger counterparts. They may take a little longer to complete tasks. That’s why you should hire a home care professional who is patient. He or she shouldn’t just take a task over because it could make your family member feel less independent. The home health care worker should give your parent sufficient time to do things.
- Physically Fit: Home care professionals have to spend a lot of time on their feet and assist with various tasks. They may also have to lift some of their clients out of bed. That’s why you should hire a home care professional who is physically fit.
- Dependable: A home care professional should also be on someone you can count on. You should feel confident that this person is taking good care of your family member. He or she should always arrive on time and provide your loved one with the proper care.
- Passionate: A good home care professional shouldn’t just be in the profession for the money. He or she should genuinely care about the patients. If a home care worker is passionate about the profession, he or she will be more likely to give your loved one the attention he or she deserves.