Certified Nursing Assistants & Home Health Aides
Many people choose Expicare Nursing Agency for their caring and devoted Certified Nursing Assistants and Home Health Aides. These are the caregivers who provide personal care and hands-on assistance with the activities of daily living for people who need additional aid in their home, assisted living facility, nursing home or hospital and cannot complete these tasks independently due to safety or physical limitations. Our caring staff is available to you or your loved ones for as little as a one hour bath visit to round-the-clock care. Some of the services they provide are:
- Feeding and Meal Preparation
- Incontinence Care
- Medication reminders
- Escort and Transport to Dr. appointments and events
- Shopping and Errands
- Light Housekeeping
- Companionship including reading, card playing and board games, etc.
- Respite Care for Family Members
- Fall Precautions Assistance
- Foot Massage for relaxation and to enhance circulation
Determining if Your Parents Need a Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
When it comes to your parents, you want to ensure they are getting the best care they need, but you may be hesitant to place them in a nursing home and you may be unable to move in with them. When their health seems to be declining, one of the best options for them may be an in-home nursing assistant or home health aide.
But how can you tell if your parents need this kind of help? Many adult children do not live close to their parents and may only have the opportunity to visit during the holidays. Additionally, others have their own busy lives with children of their own to take care of. When this is the case, an in-home elder care nursing assistance or health aide may be the right option for your family. For more information, please contact us at Expicare Nursing Agency today for more information about our programs and who might be a good fit for your parents.
Signs It’s Time for an In-Home Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
Below, you will find signs that may indicate your parents are ready for an in-home care professional like a nursing assistant or home health aide:
Observe Whether The Other Senior Parent Fills in the Gaps
Any couple who has been married for a long time fills in the gaps for each other. This can even be to the degree of finishing each other’s sentences. However, it may also be in the form of your mom listening to conversations and responding for your dad. On the other hand, your mom may have blood sugar problems and your dad may get her the food she needs before anyone else sees so she does not get dizzy and fall. When you visit them, see how they both operate on their own. While it is great for married couples to fill in certain gaps, it can show a dependency that may make things worse if they don’t have each other to rely on. Eventually, one parent may get to the point where they are unable to fill in necessary gaps. This is where an Expicare nursing assistance or home health aide can step in.
Evaluate Their Overall Wellness
This is important to see how they are physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Physically: See if your parents need help holding onto each other or objects around the house to help keep them steady and balanced. It is incredibly common for elderly people to fall, and when this is the case, an in-home nursing assistant or home health aide can do wonders for providing them with physical therapy or taking them to doctor’s appointments.
- Mentally. Are they forgetting things much quicker or misremembering things? When this is the case, it is important to have an in-home nursing assistant or home health aide evaluate your parents and make sure they are getting the medication they need so they can function at their highest cognitive levels.
- Emotionally. Do your parents seems anxious, stressed, or depressed? This can be hard to notice, especially if you are unable to visit often. When this is the case, an in-home nursing assistant or home health aide can help them cope with emotions, provide a sense of stability, and even ensure they are getting the proper medications every day to help cope with emotional changes.
If you would like to speak with an in-home nursing assistant or home health aide regarding your elderly parents, do not hesitate to reach out to our team of caring and compassionate professionals. At Expicare Nursing Agency, we can help get your parents back on track to living more comfortable lives, so don’t hesitate to find out more today!